"Biblical oils are highly concentrated, volatile plant extracts," Explains Flash. "We obtain essential oils through a few different extraction methods, and the part of the plant we get the essential oil from can be different depending on the oil but is typically the most aromatic part. Frankincense oil, for example, comes from the resin of a tree, while citrus oils come from the rind." Because essential oils are obviously all-natural, it might be easy to assume that they're gentle and largely nonreactive. This is where many seem to ignore their benefits by definition, it's extremely potent stuff. On average, they are up to 70 times more powerful than dried herbs. As such, "Biblical Oils Are Precious" This means that a couple of drops go a long way... and aside from very specific oils (mentioned in Scripture), essential oils should always be diluted properly before applying them directly to the skin.
Combinations made by the apothecary contain special ways of blending herbs and resins that only years of experience can teach. Skip the third cup of coffee and keep uplifting essential oils on hand instead. Citruses are specifically associated with boosting mood and energy levels, alleviating fatigue-inducing anxiety and stress to boot. One study found that administering peppermint oil even led to a boost in exercise performance.
Boost Your Performance: lemon*, orange*, grapefruit*, eucalyptus, peppermint, ginger, rosemary, spearmint, black pepper, jasmine
Other combinations that have powerful resins like Myrrh & Frankincense are able to boost your immune system and much more; In the next study we will see how many times Frankincense and Myrrh are mentioned in scripture and under what meanings, note the difference between the two resins given to Messiah at birth by the biblical Magi (/ˈmeɪdʒaɪ/ or /ˈmædʒaɪ/; singular: magus), also referred to as the (Three) Wise Men who were guided by the star of Bethlehem.
Bet Leḥem, Hebrew pronunciation: [bet ˈleχem],
"House of Bread"
- Exodus 30:34 [Shemoth]
- And Yahuha said unto Moses, Take unto thee sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum; these sweet spices with pure frankincense: of each shall there be a like weight:
- Leviticus 2:1 [Wayyiqra]
- And when any will offer a meat offering unto HaShem, his offering shall be of fine flour; and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:
- Leviticus 2:2 [Wayyiqra]
- And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests: and he shall take his handful of the flour, and of the oil, with all the frankincense; and the priest shall burn the memorial of it upon the altar, to be an offering made by fire, of a sweet savour unto HaShem:
- Leviticus 2:15 [Wayyiqra]
- And you shall put oil upon it, and lay frankincense on it: it is a meat offering.
- Leviticus 2:16 [Wayyiqra]
- And the priest shall burn the memorial of it, part of the beaten corn, and part of the oil, with all the frankincense: it is an offering made by fire unto HaShem.
- Leviticus 5:11 [Wayyiqra]
- But if he be not able to bring two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, then he that sinned shall bring for his offering the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering; he shall put no oil upon it, neither shall he put any frankincense thereon: for it is a sin offering.
- Leviticus 6:15 [Wayyiqra]
- And he shall take of it his handful, of the flour of the meat offering, and of the oil, and all the frankincense which is upon the meat offering, and shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour, even the memorial of it, unto HaShem.
- Leviticus 24:7 [Wayyiqra]
- And thou shalt put pure frankincense upon each row, that it may be on the bread for a memorial, even an offering made by fire unto the LORD.
- Numbers 5:15 [Bemidbar]
- Then shall the man bring his wife unto the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance.
- 1 Chronicles 9:29 [Dibrey Ha'Yamim]
- Some of them also were appointed to oversee the vessels, and all the instruments of the sanctuary, and the fine flour, and the wine, and the oil, and the frankincense, and the spices.
- Nehemiah 13:5 [NehemYah]
- And he had prepared for him a great chamber, where they laid the meat offerings, the frankincense, and the vessels, and the tithes of the corn, the new wine, and the oil, which was commanded to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters; and the offerings of the priests.
- Nehemiah 13:9 [NehemYah]
- Then I commanded, and they cleansed the chambers: and thither brought I again the vessels of the House of Yahuah, with the meat offering and the frankincense.
- Song of Solomon 3:6 [Shir Ha'Shirim]
- Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?
- Song of Solomon 4:6 [Shir Ha'Shirim]
- Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense
- Song of Solomon 4:14 [Shir Ha'Shirim]
- Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices:
- Matthew 2:11 [MattithYahu]
- And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Miryam his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
- Revelation 18:13 [Hazon]
- And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.